Article X, Section 9 outlines time paid outside of regular schedule. Here are some of the highlights.
- All hours worked over 40 hours in a week will be paid at 1.5x.
- Double time will be paid for all hours worked on the second day of rest (usually Sunday).
- The minimum amount of overtime charged on a first or second day of rest is 2 hours, even if you work less.
- If you are scheduled to work overtime on a weekend and the work is cancelled after you leave work on Friday, you will still be paid for 2 hours of overtime on that day.
- If you are called into work on an emergency basis (less than 8 hours of notification), you will receive 4 hours of premium pay as a minimum. This includes coming in early on a day when you are already scheduled to work. (Example: You are called to come in because your unit is malfunctioning at arrive at work at 6:30 am on Tuesday morning. If your normal start time is 7:30 am, you would be paid 4 hours overtime even though you only worked an additional hour.
- If you work 2 hours of overtime or more on normal work day, you earn an additional $8 towards a meal.
- If you are called at home to respond to a question regarding work, you will receive 1 hour of premium pay.